Life can be truly hectic, even chaotic, if we don’t stop now and then to take a few minutes for ourselves. With the invention of computers, our work lives were supposed to get easier, but it’s gotten busier than ever before!
The original mentality was that computers would allow us to get the same amount of work done in half the time. That idea went out the window when we realized we could now get twice the work (or more) done in the same time.
Now our world has become so fast paced that it’s hard to keep up. If you don’t stop the pandemonium, you can begin to feel as if your life is descending into a chaotic jumble. Luckily, there are ways to deal with these overwhelming feelings and put some order back into your life.
Here are a few tips on how to turn your chaos around:
1. Take a break. Give yourself a chance to take in everything going on around you. Even if your break is a nice hot bath instead of a shower, it can help.
* Find a little time here and there to get some peace and quiet while you reflect on the events of the day.
2. Meditate. Meditation can be very helpful in bringing you peace. Meditation doesn’t mean sitting uncomfortably and chanting like the monks in the movies. Instead, it’s a very comfortable and soothing way to calm your mind and bring you the serenity you desire.
* With a little practice, anyone can meditate. Just find a quiet, dark room and close your eyes.
* Picture yourself on a bridge. Imagine you’re carrying chains with heavy weights at the end. The weights represent your problems and the chaos around you. Now imagine throwing those chains into the water and watching them disappear forever.
* This imagery will help you settle into your meditation. Once you’ve cast away your burdens, you can imagine how peaceful your life can be.
3. Find the positive. No matter how chaotic things get, you can always try to find something good and positive in your situation.
* Actively look for the silver lining. It could be something as simple as a favorite song, a picture, or the smile of another person that gives you some inner peace. Look for these things and you will find them.
4. Slow down. While we have to multitask almost constantly these days, doing so tends to wear us down even faster. Multi-tasking adds to the chaos around us.
* Take one thing at a time and allow yourself to focus on that task alone. While you may be able to handle three or more things at once, the quality won’t be nearly as good as if you focused on them one at a time.
5. Don’t let anyone drag you down. Be wary when considering the opinions of others.
* Don’t ignore everyone, but don’t let yourself get bogged down with other people’s baggage and their issues, either.
* Remove your personal chaos causers, even if one of the causes is other people.
6. Take out the drama. Eliminate the drama in your life, especially other people’s drama. It’s not your concern, so stay out of it and don’t get caught up in it.
* Focus on solving your concerns positively rather than enjoying pity parties. This will reduce the drama and turn your focus to something positive.
Everyone has some chaos in his or her life. It isn’t always a bad thing. Stress can be productive as well. In fact, without stress and responsibilities, some people would never get out of bed!
Life will always have stress and problems, but how you react to them can dictate the level of chaos in your life.
The first step is realizing that you need to make some time for yourself. If you don’t, nothing you do will really make that much of a difference. You can’t be there for everyone else if you aren’t taking care of yourself.
Use these tips every day to bring order to your life, and soon you’ll find peace instead of chaos.