You might not be able to squeeze in every single thing you want to do, but even planning for a few of your long-neglected dreams might make this year the most adventurous, enjoyable year of your life. Only you can make it happen.
Tips For Planning Your Dreams
1. Make a list. Include everything you’ve wanted to do but thought you didn’t have time for.
* Some examples: get a professional massage, complete a photography course, do yoga five days a week for three months to see if I get any results, take a car trip with my BFF, spend a weekend away with my spouse, read the entire Twilight series, or watch all the Die Hard movies again just for fun.
* Whatever your pleasure, put it on the list. Remind yourself that you’re worth the time, effort and money to do what you truly want to do. Go ahead… indulge yourself!
2. Make your selections. With a highlighter, mark all those activities you could realistically do. For example, you could probably do a one-week trip away but a month traveling in Europe might not be possible right now. Stay open-minded and honestly evaluate each item you get excited about. If at all possible, vow to make your most special activities happen.
3. Consider the financial costs. On your list, write down an estimated cost for each item. Remember that you’ve got some time to save some cash or work the budget so it’s possible to do what you want during your self-indulgent year. Plus, some of your activities might not cost a cent.
4. Get out next year’s calendar. This step is exciting. Thoughtfully consider each activity you’ve decided to include in your year and plug them in month by month.
* During your self-indulgent year, you’ll still be doing what you usually do, like going to work, cleaning the house, and keeping the yard in order. You’ll just be using your spare time more productively to do the things you want to do.
* If an activity involves others, like spending a weekend with your brother, call him and tell him what you’d like to do. Insist that you’re serious about having a weekend together and discuss your plans in terms of which month his schedule is open.
5. Lay the groundwork. Check into the specifics of each of the items on your list. For example, if you want to have a professional massage, look online for the best local masseuses and jot down the names and numbers of a few of them. If you want to take a class, does your local community college or neighborhood center offer the one you’re looking for?
You’ll feel exhilarated as you seriously consider doing the things you’ve dreamed about forever. If you have a partner, inform them about the year you’re planning. Share your excitement! Plus, in the event you’ll need some assistance to make your activities happen, you’ll want to discuss your needs with people who can help.
Recognize that you’re worth whatever it takes to experience your dreams. Follow the steps above to work toward experiencing one of the best years you’ve ever had. Who knows, your self-indulgent year just might change your life!