Inspirational sayings about success can have a powerful effect on you. If you take the time to think about the deeper meaning behind the words, you’ll realize how easily you can apply these sayings into your own life to achieve the success you desire.
Here are the 10 Famous Sayings Quotations About Success, as well as some self-reflection questions to ponder:
1. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life, and that is why I succeed. – Michael Jordan
* Every failure brings an opportunity for growth and sets you up for future success in a new effort. For example, failing at one job may bring you the opportunity to enjoy great success in another. Learning from failure will lead you to greater achievement.
2. It is no use saying, “We are doing our best.” You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary. – Sir Winston Churchill
* Too often, people use “I did my best” as an excuse for not doing what really needed to be done. Plan and prepare appropriately for the task at hand so that you can do what is required to succeed. Using this results-oriented strategy will help you accomplish your goal.
3. We are told that talent creates its own opportunities. But it sometimes seems that intense desire creates not only its own opportunities, but its own talents. – Eric Hoffer
* Try new things to spark your passions and develop your talents. You may actually have talents that you’re completely unaware of. When you desire something with a fiery passion, your mind will push you to take action and persevere until you’re successful.
4. We were born to succeed, not to fail. – William Barclay
* You were put on the Earth to succeed in your pursuits. When you use your God-given gifts, abilities, and strengths to fulfill your purpose, success is within your grasp.
5. Success is not the key to happiness – happiness is the key to success. – Herman Cain
* When you’re happy with your life and you enjoy every moment of each day, it’s easy to feel the joy of success in the smallest accomplishments. Live joyfully and your positive attitude will attract greater successes.
6. Success doesn’t come to you – you go to it. – Marva Collins
* You need to take action to achieve your goals and get what you want out of life. Once you define exactly what you want, design a plan of action steps to get you there, and then follow your plan.
7. You must do the thing you think you cannot do. – Eleanor Roosevelt
* This quote is to challenge you. You must overcome your fears that are holding you back in order to become successful.
8. A great leader’s courage to fulfill his vision comes from passion, not position. – John Maxwell
* Believe in yourself. Know that you can achieve anything. Put your mind to it and be passionate about that which calls your name.
9. Forget about the consequences of failure. Failure is only a temporary change in direction to set you straight for your next success. – Denis Waitley
* When you fail, opportunities open up to help you succeed. You may need to start your task anew or change your route, but each failure brings you closer to success.
10. Success is not measured by what you accomplish, but by the opposition you have encountered and the courage with which you have maintained the struggle against overwhelming odds. – Orison Swett Marden
* No matter how tough a situation may be, don’t give up easily. When you persevere through great odds and overcome many challenges to achieve your goal, success is even sweeter!
1. When I suffer a setback, do I still persevere toward my goal?
2. Do I bring passion to my endeavors?
3. Have I designed my action plan to reach my goals? Have I taken swift action to get where I want to be?