A person without a purpose is usually not happy or content. They are constantly looking for excuses to justify not doing anything with their lives. They don’t have any direction because they think the world owes them something.
And they explain everything wrong with their life by trying to find a way out. That does not mean it’s intentional. No one sets out to live a life without any purpose. They are driven by their circumstances or by someone or something else.
You know you lack a sense of purpose when you don’t feel satisfied with what you have and are always looking for more, even though you don’t realize it.
So how can you break that cycle of a lack of purpose? Try these strategies:
- Take a well-deserved break. Having a break from your daily life can do wonders for your mood. Often, when you don’t feel like doing anything, you might be burned out or just stressed. A break helps recharge your batteries and gives you a new perspective.
– Give yourself a mental health day. On the said day, decide to let go of what you think you’re supposed to do and focus on what makes you happy.
– Many people believe that success is just outside our comfort zone. That may be true in some circumstances. But when you’re in a cycle of a lack of purpose, a good break is just what you need to recharge your batteries.
– Taking a break can allow you to discover your true purpose in life. You will then feel motivated to do more
- Follow things that interest you. Many people have interests they’d like to pursue but don’t. They ignore those interests because it seems like a waste of time.
– The truth is that stringing together your hobbies and interests can help you discover your purpose.
– For example, if you love video games, try to build an online video game store using Shopify and start selling video games.
– If you love jewelry, start a jewelry business online. If you love photography, create your own photography business. And if you love graphic design, design business cards, brochures, and other materials.
– That’s not to say your purpose needs to relate to money. But it should relate to something you’re passionate about. You want a purpose that excites you.
- Admit that you’re stuck. The thing with getting stuck in a cycle is, you don’t notice it. The feelings slowly build up, and before you know it, you’ve become apathetic. You begin to feel like everything you do is just killing time.
– Then those feelings turn into depression, anxiety, and discouragement. Regardless of how hard you try, the cycle keeps repeating itself. Don’t blame yourself for feeling like you do.
– The loop won’t change until you recognize it for what it is. And once you do, you can break it for good.
- Follow artistic endeavors. Many people turn to art as a way of expressing their feelings. Writing poetry, painting, or sculpting can help you unlock feelings you were too afraid to feel.
– When you express those emotions, you’ll break that cycle and feel more passionate about things in your life again.
– Exercising your artistic side also helps because physical activity makes you feel better, giving you more purpose.
– The goal isn’t to sell your works of art or make a name for yourself but to enjoy yourself.
- Don’t hesitate to speak to others. The pandemic has made it difficult to move freely and interact with friends and loved ones. If you’re feeling isolated, try reaching out to someone, even if only by phone.
Finding your purpose is essential to living a life that pleases you.
It’s not at all uncommon to get lost in life by your circumstances. And while feeling this way can be discouraging, it doesn’t have to be. There are always ways out of it by finding purpose in your life!