Celebrities can teach us some important lessons about successful living. These 17 suggestions can be adapted to your own circumstances even if you operate on a smaller budget. As an added bonus, you can benefit from these tips and you never have to worry about the paparazzi following you.
Divorce, Addiction, Weight Loss, Twitter and Free Stuff
1. You can recover from divorce. The harshest downside of being a celebrity may be dealing with personal issues in the public eye. While only 3% of the public has been married more than twice, it seems to be common in Hollywood. There is life after divorce.
2. Addictions may be a life long struggle. Some celebrities get a lot of attention for their struggles with alcohol and other drugs. It may take more than one attempt to recover from substance abuse. If you or a loved one is suffering with addiction, be strong and hold your head high!
3. Lose weight the healthy way. Gossip stations seem to track every fluctuation in the body weight of some stars. It’s better to lose weight gradually in a manner that you can sustain than to subject your body to crash diets and rebounds.
4. Be selective on Twitter. Celebrities endure a lot of negative feedback that can get excessive on Twitter and other places. Evaluate yourself on your own terms so you can distinguish constructive criticism from feedback that has little merit.
5. Give away free stuff. Celebrities and studios often give things away to get publicity and attract crowds. Even without being famous, you can offer modest gifts and acts of generosity that brighten the day for people.
Spiritual Lessons To Successful Living
1. Find your calling. Identify your purpose in life. You’ll get better results when you feel passionate about what you’re doing.
2. Take responsibility for your life. You command your own destiny. Go after what you want.
3. Develop your self-esteem. Base your self-esteem on a legitimate and reliable foundation. Become aware of your good qualities and take satisfaction in living up to your values.
4. Reach out to others. Everyone likes to feel appreciated. Pay attention to others and let them know you care.
5. Experience flow. Athletes and actors talk about flow. Watch for those moments when you feel like you’re fully engaged in what you’re doing and try to extend that feeling to more of your life.
6. Be charitable. Many celebrities adopt special charities. You can make a difference by giving time or money to the causes you believe in.
7. Read more. Many celebrities support literacy efforts. Make time to read each day and encourage your kids to do the same.
8. Bring your secrets to light. A lot of famous people write their autobiographies or make public appearances discussing the obstacles they’ve overcome in life. By confronting painful subjects, you can start to recover.
9. Help others who are less fortunate. Even if you have less money than a box office star, you probably still have more resources than others. Share your riches.
10. Make your money work for you. Some people make a lot of money but end up poor in the end. Learn to manage your money so your earnings go further.
11. Play an active role in your own health care. Some celebrities have taken on the causes of diseases and conditions that have touched them or their families. Talk with your doctor and research your own health needs.
12. Welcome inspiration. Success sometimes seems to arrive in a flash when we’ve really been laying the groundwork for a long time. Welcome those moments of speedy progress.
Beyond all the gossip, there can sometimes be valuable insights gained by looking at the lives of celebrities. Take some time to reflect on the people you admire and see what you can learn about living life successfully on your own terms.