Procrastination is a habit that kills your productivity and robs you of the success you were born to experience. When you put off until later what you can quickly handle now, you multiply your stress. The things you put off rarely take care of themselves by the time you get to them, and the molehills of your life become mountains as a result.
Instead, you can experience a life of abundant joy and peace simply by making the decision to take action on a consistent basis. You’ll feel more decisive and confident, and you’ll more efficiently and effectively move through your schedule.
Try these tips to banish procrastination and take action in the direction of your dreams
1. Employ the one-minute rule. Throughout your day, your mind will constantly bring to your attention things that you need to accomplish. As you think of these things, write them down. If the task would take less than a minute to complete, why not just do it now and get it over with? This step alone will help you feel more productive.
2. Get rid of clutter. Clutter is a drain on your mental energy. A clutter free environment promotes action, while cluttered space fuels procrastination.
* Commit to spending 10 minutes per day straightening up your home or office. In those 10 minutes, throw away as many papers and things you don’t need as you possibly can. Remember that the things that clutter your space are robbing you of your peace. Reclaim that peace by reclaiming your space.
3. Seek the help of a professional organizer. If you find that your procrastination is due to your lack of organization, a professional can quickly help you regain control. An organization professional is the fastest way to turn a life of chaos into complete order.
4. Discover why you’re procrastinating. Ask yourself questions to determine the reason for your indecision. Every form of procrastination is simply a delayed decision. Do you need more information to make the right choice? Is there a fear that you’re avoiding? Is the task unpleasant? Once you find out what’s truly in the way, you can get past it and get to work.
5. Break it down. Most big jobs can be broken down into smaller, bite-sized pieces. List the steps for your project. Make each step something that can be accomplished in a single short session of work. Focus on one small task at a time to keep you from getting overwhelmed, and complete the tasks on your list one by one until the project is completed.
6. Reward yourself. Sometimes, tasks you must complete are boring and seek to provide little immediate payoff. If the job still has to get done, but you’re having trouble getting yourself going, bribe yourself with a small reward for completing the task. A warm bubble bath, your favorite TV show, or indulging in your favorite hobby are possible rewards.
By using these simple tools, you can banish procrastination from your life forever. Learn from your feelings of hesitation, but don’t let those feelings stop you from experiencing the success you deserve in life. Instead, put these tips into practice today to experience a greater sense of peace, self-confidence, and control over your busy schedule.
If you are looking for a Time Management Software to help you to beat procrastination, check out this post: The Action Machine – Overcoming Procrastination Software