There are many products on the market that claim to have the answer for unhealthy skin. Some of these products amount to nothing more than “snake oil” and others are too expensive for the average person to afford.
Fortunately, creating healthy glowing skin doesn’t require the help of commercially marketed products. There are many at-home tips and tricks available to get the desired results from your skin. You may be pleasantly surprised at how easy, effective, and inexpensive some of these tips are.
Try these tips to welcome healthy skin the easy, at-home way
1. Create natural masks. There are many elements in nature that can help give your skin the healthy look you want. Some of those items may already be in your kitchen or garden! If you want healthy, glowing skin, here are some ideas for making natural facial masks:
• Prepare regular oatmeal (not instant), let it cool, and then apply it to your face for about 30 minutes. Once you rinse it off and dry your face, you’ll instantly feel the benefits of the exfoliating properties of natural oatmeal.
• Crack some eggs, discard the yolks, and briskly whisk the whites. Then, apply it to your face for 30-45 minutes. While it’s on your skin, you’ll feel your skin start to tighten. Using an egg mask once a week will result in healthy looking facial skin.
• Raw Aloe Vera is another great option for creating a homemade mask. Simply rub the gel onto your face and let it stand for about half an hour. Aloe Vera is good at removing blemishes and cleansing the skin of impurities.
2. Use a daily facial wash. A daily face wash made from 1/2-cup cold milk (yogurt if your skin is dry), 1 tablespoon of salt, and 2 tablespoons of witch hazel will ensure your face is moisturized and cleansed of bacteria, grease, and impurities that can contribute to unhealthy skin, pimples and blemishes.
3. Perform at-home facials. It’s easy to give your skin beneficial home treatments. One great way is to apply a warm washcloth to your face a few mornings each week. Allowing the warm washcloth to remain on your face for a few minutes will allow your pores to open to prevent them from becoming blocked with blemish causing oil.
4. Use clean linen. Your hygiene habits can determine how healthy your facial skin will become. It’s important to ensure you have clean linen at all times. Linens that are exposed to your skin need to be free of bacteria so the germs aren’t transferred to the face. Some ideas:
• Change pillowcases at least twice a week.
• Ensure your face is cleansed with a facial wash before drying with the face towel.
• Change the face towels at least twice a week.
These are easy tips that can give you the skin you want without breaking the bank. And you just may see results faster than with products found on the market! Try these facial techniques today and enjoy that healthy, glowing skin you’ve been seeking.