Since when did life get so complicated? What happened to the days of running wild and not having to worry about anything? Even as we’ve gotten older, it’s still fun to remember the good old days and the simplicity of life.
But truth be told, you can still have that feeling. With some daily effort, your life can be balanced between joy and simplicity.
What most people don’t realize is that their daily stressful lives are stressful because of themselves. They’ve booked themselves solid, ran themselves ragged, and planned too many “to-dos” to keep up.
Even though this might be you, you don’t have to accept it as your fate.
You can easily change your daily path and get back to the basic simplicities of life with just a few small changes.
Why spend your days catering to others when you can find your own joy first? Stop the madness of running yourself ragged and do yourself a favor.
Slow down and savor every single moment with these strategies:
1. Stop putting yourself on the backburner. Do you spend your time doing things for others and not doing anything for yourself?
- For just a few moments per day, do what you need to do for you. Smile at yourself in the mirror, tell yourself that you matter, and start off your day with your thoughts and feelings in mind.
2. Slow down and smell the roses. This means physically and mentally. It’s important to avoid rushing through your day and missing out on all the little moments in life.
- The moment that you stop rushing and start appreciating, you’ll begin to notice all the things that you’ve missed throughout the day. There are so many great things that you’re missing out on.
3. Read a book just for fun. Sometimes being an adult means that you have to read books and articles that you just don’t want to read.
- Instead, head to the local library and pick out a stack of books or magazines that you actually want to read. When you have a book in hand that you’re crazy about, reading becomes a whole new world.
4. Expand your family with a puppy. Having a puppy is a great way to have a loving animal greet you daily and make you feel as though everything you do is perfect. Plus, puppies give some of the best snuggles and kisses, too.
- If dogs are not your favorite, having a different pet can also bring many moments of simple joy to your life.
5. Allow yourself to say no. When you spend all day saying yes to others, it leaves nothing in your reserves left over for you. The time is now to start saying no and supporting your own needs.
- Your family and friends will get over this change and will actually more than likely understand.
Finding joy doesn’t have to take a ton of effort or time. You can easily make your life a better place with just a few simple changes.
Start by understanding what you’re missing in your life and then start factoring in the things that you need and want from there. Once you get a good grasp on it, you’re going to find self-love and happiness easily.
Allow yourself to fall in love with the idea that life is simple and wonderful. Your life holds so much joy if you let yourself see it.