Positive energy may be difficult to define, but you know it when you see it. When you’re around someone who’s joyful and peaceful, you start to feel the same way. You’re attracted to them regardless of how much money they have or any position they hold.
Maybe you want such qualities for yourself, but you think you weren’t born with them. They are still within your reach if you train your mind.
Follow these positive energy tips for tapping into your inner energy and add your own ideas.
Suggestions for Developing Mindfulness
Make it a habit to live in the present. Enjoy and appreciate whatever you are doing each moment of the day.
- Meditate and pray. Your spiritual faith can be a great source of power and energy. Put aside time for quiet contemplation and prayer. Even sitting for a few minutes can help you to feel lighter and livelier.
- Let go of judgments. Try to observe your thoughts with a neutral mind. Accept yourself and others for who you are, replacing blame with compassion.
- Practice forgiveness. Free yourself from the past. Say goodbye to disappointments and resentments so you can use today to make a new start.
- Breathe deeply. Your breath has a profound impact on your state of mind. Empower yourself by taking deep breaths from your abdomen instead of shallow breaths from your chest. Imagine bringing energy into your body each time you inhale and releasing stress each time you exhale.
- Work out. Exercise can calm your mind as it tones your body. Practice yoga or Tai Chi or just pay attention to any move you make and the physical sensations that it creates.
- Think positive. Look for the bright side in each situation. Setbacks are temporary, and you can learn from both pleasant and unpleasant experiences.
Suggestions for Staying Connected
Giving creates joy and a sense of connection. When you develop strong ties and focus on helping others, you wind up feeling happier yourself.
- Listen closely. Give others your full attention. Let them know that you’re interested in what they have to say. Make eye contact and use verbal affirmations to show that you understand.
- Express gratitude. Count your blessings and thank others for their kindness. Describe how they’ve made a positive difference in your life.
- Laugh and smile. Just by looking friendly and cheerful, you may change the mood of an entire room. When you’re feeling tense at work, think of something that makes you laugh. Wave to your neighbors and share a funny story with your barber.
- Show affection. Dare to let others know how much they mean to you without worrying that you’ll look silly or weak. Compliment a coworker and hug your friends.
- Cultivate relationships. Surround yourself with family and friends who make you feel energized and inspired. Share encouragement and practical assistance. Knowing that you have validation and support will help you to take more risks and celebrate more achievements.
- Remember your purpose. Even though you probably feel better when you focus on giving to others, it’s easy to slip back into old habits and become preoccupied with your own concerns. Think about your priorities and what you need to do to lead a meaningful life.
- Be patient. Changing the way you think and act takes time. Set small short-term goals that are within your reach, so you’ll have victories to inspire you. Plan for off days and how you’ll cope with them.
Bring more positive energy into your life. Living mindfully and staying connected will help you to enjoy great happiness and spread it around.