Meditation is an ancient technique that can benefit you mentally, physically, and spiritually. Its many advantages include:
- Stress relief
- Increased ability to relax
- More energy
- Increased motivation to work toward your goals
- Better relationships
- A heightened feeling of well-being
- Greater self esteem
- More confidence
- A stronger connection with your spiritual side
- And many, many more
Meditation can even reduce stress-related conditions, like high blood pressure, and physical ailments like pain and disease.
The process of meditating is not difficult, but it does take some preparation and practice to see the most benefit from it.
- Peaceful atmosphere. A peaceful atmosphere is essential to a positive meditation experience. Create an atmosphere that is quiet, calm, and comfortable. Turn down your lights, turn off your phone, and put on soft music. Choose music that creates a sense of calm, because music can play an important role in setting a reflecting and contemplating mood.
- Props. The use of certain props can aid in meditating. Cushions and yoga mats, for example, will provide you a comfortable sitting area for greater peace and enjoyment during your meditation. Portable water fountains and candles can also lend well to creating a comfortable and relaxing environment.
- Comfortable clothing. Comfort is important when it comes to meditating. Choose clothing and accessories that are loose-fitting and light on your body.
- Rhythmic breathing. Each breath should be slow, easy, even, and deep. Inhale and exhale in this manner for at least ten breaths or three minutes.
- Om. “Om” is the sacred syllable. Utter it silently with each inhale and audibly with each exhale. This helps you quiet your mind and release distracting thoughts
- Detached observation. Here, you will detach your body and mind. Observe your mind from a detached point of view without criticism or judgment. Gradually, your mind will begin to cease its activities.
- Meditate. Meditate on anything that moves you. With the world quiet around you, and your mind quiet, you can reach new heights in your thinking during meditation while also calming yourself.
• Envision the life you want to live in every detail, including as many of the senses as possible, then feel the positive emotions that go along with it – joy, happiness, pride, gratitude, and more. Enjoy this vision as if it’s happening now, not in the future.
• If you wish to inhibit pain, let your pain go and feel your body surge with perfect, pain-free health.
• Enjoy your meditation to its fullest.
Take time to meditate each day. As you practice more, it will become easier to rid your mind of distractions and let the meditating experience envelope you so you can truly enjoy its myriad benefits for your mind, body, and soul!